How To Prepare For Your Bridal Preview Hair Appointment
Different products and techniques are customized based on your hair and style for long-lasting results! The longevity of your wedding day style depends on a lot of factors: your hair type (whether it holds curls well), the hairstyle you choose, your dress, products used, wedding day weather conditions (indoor vs. outdoor, humidity, heat, sweat,), etc. These are factors to consider when you are choosing your hairstyle. A hair preview allows you to see if this style is the right fit for you and we can make any adjustments based on how your hair wears throughout the day of your preview appointment.
- Have any accessories you may want to wear including your veil, earrings, hair accessories, etc.
- Wear a similar style/color shirt that matches your dress to have a better visual of the wedding day look (definitely no hoodies or shirts with collars).
- Please have your hair freshly clean within 24 hours of the scheduled trial & 100% dry.
- An additional $20 fee will be applied if hair was not 100% dry at time of appointment.
- If you want to embrace your natural curls, wash hair the night before or morning of and use your regular moisturizing products. (Hair must be 100% dry before styling though).
- If you have naturally coarse/curly hair and want a sleek style, make sure to blow dry hair straight before appointment.
- Do not straighten with a flat iron!
- A professional blow-out would be ideal but not required.
- Do not use overly moisturizing products in the hair after washing in preparation for the appointment (unless rocking your natural curls). Too much moisture can decrease longevity in the style. Using just shampoo and no conditioner is great if your hair does not tend to get too tangled.
- Dried out/damaged hair is actually better for styling. Blondes know what’s up!
- Using a voluminous liquid spray or mousse at the root/mid-shaft before you blow dry will help to give hair texture and extra hold!
- If you are planning to use extensions on wedding day (I always suggest using extensions on wedding day!), please have them at the trial.
- Extensions need to be 100% human hair, as synthetic will melt on a hot tool. My favorite type of extensions to work with are Luxy Hair
- Extensions need to be freshly washed and 100% dry.
- Extensions cannot be straight from packaging. extensions usually have a waxy film on them that needs to be washed off before styling. Styling with unwashed extensions will have a piecey look.
How To Prepare For Your Bridal Preview Makeup Appointment
- Wear a similar style/color shirt that matches your dress to have a better visual of the wedding day look.
- Get a facial and a spray tan!! I offer both of these services, please ask me for more details if you would be interested in either service.
- Bridal facials and tans should be "previewed" ahead of time, to unsure there are no negative reactions close to wedding day.
- Skin needs to be freshly washed, with no trace of yesterdays makeup.
- Please try to removed all mascara from lashes, especially if you use a waterproof mascara. Lashes will look clumpy if they are not completely free of residual product.